Hear from influential executives tackling the hottest topics affecting the investment funds industry including regulatory changes, market volatility, new technologies and much more.
Join us in Toronto on May 30, 2017 for this full-day event to hear perspectives on topical issues impacting compliance and operations professionals within Canada’s securities industry. Network with peers throughout the day and during the cocktail reception.
Now in its third year, the Wealth Professional Awards has become the biggest and most prestigious showcase of excellence in the wealth management industry. It's a black-tie gala with 20 award categories.
2017 will mark STEP Canada’s 19th National Conference, featuring more than 65 sought-after and thought-provoking speakers from Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, and Singapore who will discuss the latest trends and developments in wealth management.
The IAFP Symposium has consistently provided a rare opportunity to meet truly advanced financial planners, and to study technical subjects related to financial planning at an advanced level.
Canada's pre-eminent event for the mutual funds industry. The Leadership Conference forges engagement between industry and policy makers and features an outstanding line up of expert guest speakers and timely discussion panels. The sessions on offer will draw together the industry's most senior leaders and representatives as they explore the way forward for the fund industry and investors.
Be on top of Fintech, Cybersecurity, Best Interest Standards and CMRA’s Reforms. Are you ready? Hear from the top regulators in the country and stay on top of your compliance process.
This is a must-attend event if you have any interest in the mutual fund dealer channel of distribution. Curious about the future of the industry? Looking for information about the robo revolution? Where regulators are taking us? This event is for you.
The seminar will provide an overview of the CSA Consultation Paper 81-408 – Consultation on the Option of Discontinuing Embedded Commissions.
Toronto, Halifax, Calgary and Vancouver: The FPSC Cross-Country Connection is your opportunity to come together with other financial planning professionals and FPSC leadership to explore topics that impact your practice and your profession—today and into the future.
Please click >>here<< to register for this event.
CRM is the most comprehensive effort to reform the regulatory framework governing financial advisory service. The final stages of the CRM2 are now underway and investment firms and their advisors still have many questions about this fundamental regulatory shift.
Find out how these new series of rules will impact the client/advisor relationship and the industry as a whole.
- Chris Jepson, Senior Legal Counsel, Ontario Securities Commission, Compliance and Registrant Regulation
- Susan Silma, Partner, CRM2 Navigator
- Adrian Walrath, Assistant Director, Investment Industry Association of Canada
- Date: Tuesday November 22, 2016
- Time: 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
- Address: Dentons Offices 77 King Street West, 4th floor, suite 400 Toronto, ON CA
- Ticket Price: 20.00 +HST
REGISTER NOW Get tips from industry experts in KYC and client onboarding to achieve the balance between compliance and customer experience. Speakers: Mark Mullen, CEO, Atom Bank and Nathalie Murat, Banks and Payment, Gemalto
The challenge for financial institutions to comply with ‘Know Your Customer’ (KYC) rules as part of the Anti-Money Laundering initiative is increasing. But there is a very real risk of the client experience being damaged as a result of the growing KYC burden – just at a time when banks need to focus on improving that experience to fend off the threat of new entrants, and when digital channels requiring speedy, smooth onboarding are becoming ever more important in banks’ strategies.
Webinar will address key questions and issues including:
· How is regulation driving complexity? How can global players best manage local regulations?
· What other factors are shaping the environment in which banks operate? Is automation an opportunity to simplify processes for banks?
· How does the increasingly digital environment in which banks operate impact KYC and AML? How can banks leverage technology such as ID verification in a way that keeps them one step ahead of the criminals, rather than one step behind?
· How can banks manage their KYC compliance obligations while maintaining world-class service levels to customers? What are the internal challenges for banks in their various departments? What are the external challenges resulting from the new digital channels?
Join Susan Silma, Co-Founder of CRM2 Navigator, as moderator for IE’s CRM2 Breakfast Seminar. The CRM2 expert panel will discuss hot button issues, the impact on advisors, and future opportunities/challenges. > Register now
The final stages of CRM2 are now underway. Investment firms and their advisors still have many questions about this fundamental regulatory shift. At the same time, securities regulators are moving forward with more significant changes that will alter your client relationships. Get practical, hands on advice about CRM2's final rules, and find out how CRM2 will fit with what's coming next — from banning embedded fees to a new "best interests" standard.
WEBINAR: Join Susan Silma, Co-Founder and Partner at CRM2 Navigator and Canada's CRM2 thought leader, and Kevin Prins, Vice President Ontario, BMO ETFs.
- Why CRM2 is different from all previous regulatory changes
- The changes that clients will see regarding performance and fee disclosure
- What the opportunities are for you as an advisor to demonstration your value
Moderator: Susan Silma, Co-Founder and Partner, CRM2 Navigator
There has been confusion regarding the intent and application of the Exempt Market Dealer legislation since it was introduced. Firms and individuals are at risk by not adhering to these laws when marketing in Canada. This breakfast panel discussion will clear up the confusion about “who should comply” versus “who is exempt”.
Register now >>